Search the Online Network
Mobile Menu Icon
LA Tech Logo Facebook Icon Twitter Icon (318) 257-4343 Mobile Menu Icon

City of Ruston

The City of Ruston provides electric/water/sewer utilities and trash pickup for residents and businesses. Businesses can also obtain Alcohol Permits, Vehicle for Hire Permits, and Itinerant Vendor's Permits.


The City of Ruston provides services to residents and businesses in the area of electric/ water/ sewer utilities. The City of Ruston is also responsible for trash pickup. Businesses selling alcohol must obtain an Alcohol Permit by filling out an application, publishing an announcement in the newspaper, meeting zoning requirements, passing an investigation, and paying the application fee. Businesses that serve as vehicles for hire must file an application for a Vehicle for Hire Permit, have a valid driver’s license, and meet the required liability insurance standard. Businesses who will be selling goods on the street must obtain an Itinerant Vendor’s Permit which can be valid for 30 days or one year. The City of Ruston office is open from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.


Economic & Property Development

  • Environmental Regulations & Compliance Assistance
  • Utility Services


  • Utility Services

Regulatory/ Compliance

  • Licenses
  • Permits
Primary ContactPam Womack
Address401 N. Trenton
PO Box 2069
Ruston, LA 71270
Phone(318) 251-8652
Fax(318) 255-1781