8–8:10 a.m. Welcome
The welcome session on day two of the summit will provide an overview of the sessions and activities that will take place and any housekeeping updates.
8:10–9 a.m. Entrepreneurship-Led Development Research Agenda
This session will introduce participants to the potential research agenda put together by national thought leaders at the November 30, 2017 Entrepreneurship Led Development Thought Leader Summit hosted at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City as well as current research being done in the field.
9:30–10:30 a.m. Practitioner Best Practice Sessions 1
Practitioner best practice sessions are open, facilitated sessions where practitioners can share best practices and thoughts around emerging topics.
• Developing an entrepreneurship led economic development certification
• Supporting women entrepreneurs within the ecosystem
• Starting entrepreneurship led development programs in urban core communities
• Finding, engaging and assisting rural talent in challenged markets
10:30–11:30 a.m. Practitioner Best Practice Sessions 2
• Communicating entrepreneurship led development value to policy makers
• Moving from attraction centered development to entrepreneurship led development
• Developing startup champions
• Ensuring diversity in ecosystem building
11:30 a.m.–12 p.m. Summit Conclusion
In the concluding session, a recap of major summit themes will be provided along with any final housekeeping information.
12–3 p.m.SourceLink Network Gathering
Immediately following the Growing Entrepreneurship Summit, we will be hosting a private gathering for all of our SourceLink affiliates and partners.